ABOUT THE REEL PRIDE SHORT FILMS COMPETITION
This year Reel Pride Film Festival celebrates its 33rd year at the Gas Station Arts Centre. As part of the festival Reel Pride will be hosting our glorious 15th Annual Canadian LGBTTQ* Short Film Competition!
All eligible submissions will be screened by the Selection Advisory committee. Our Short Films Jury will screen the Official Selections for their Jury Choice Award prior to our live audience screening of the Official Selections for their Audience Choice Award. Both the Jury and Audience Choice Awards will be announced at the end of the 15th Annual Canadian LGBTTQ* Short Films Competition evening on October 10, 2018..
THERE WILL BE TWO AWARDS GIVEN:
RBC Audience Choice Award – chosen by the audience attending the October 10 screening
Jury Choice Award – chosen by the Reel Pride Jury
Reel Pride would like to thank William F White Inc for their generous donation of two $1000 gift certificates; one for each Choice Award winner.
RBC Royal Bank is generously sponsoring two $250 cash prizes, one for each Choice Award winner.
Submission guidelines: please read carefully
A completed entry form must accompany each submission. Incomplete entries risk not being accepted. The submission deadline for films is August 7, 2018 at noon.
- There is no application fee.
- Please note that Reel Pride will not pay any fee for delivery of films.
- All films must be Canadian (and include English subtitles if filmed in another language).
The films must have LGBTTQ* content or be created by someone of LGBTTQ* background. If the LGBTTQ* content of the film is not obvious, please provide a brief outline of your reason for believing the film qualifies. If this is not clear, the film may be excluded from consideration.
- The film should be no longer than 20 minutes.
- Short film(s) must be submitted for consideration via a link to online content, secure download, or on a DVD screening copy. The DVD will not be returned unless there is a postage-paid return envelope provided for this purpose. The DVD is not for public use.
- Selected films will be screened at the festival in Digi Beta, Beta sp or DVD format and should be 16:4.
- The screening tape must be clearly labeled with the name of film, filmmaker’s name, year of completion and running time.
- Films must have been completed after January 1, 2015.
- Filmmakers should submit a brief, 1-paragraph synopsis of the film.
- Filmmakers MUST submit a 1-sentence description of the film that can be used in the program.