ABOUT THE REEL PRIDE SHORT FILMS COMPETITION
The Reel Pride Film Festival is celebrating its 33rd year in Winnipeg. We are excited to be hosting our 15th Annual Canadian LGBTTQ* Short Film Competition. All films will be screened by the festival’s advisory committee and through this jury process films will be qualified for our competition.
THERE WILL BE TWO AWARDS GIVEN:
RBC Audience Choice Award– chosen by the audience attending the festival
Jury Choice Award– chosen by the Reel Pride Jury
We would like to thank William F White Inc for their generous donation of two $1000 gift certificates;
one to each of the Award winners.
RBC Royal Bank is generously sponsoring a cash prize for each award in the amount of $250.
Submission guidelines: please read carefully
A completed entry form must accompany each submission. Incomplete entries risk not being accepted. The submission deadline for films TBA
- There is no application fee.
- Please note that Reel Pride will not pay any fee for delivery of films.
- All films must be Canadian (and include English subtitles if filmed in another language).
The films must have LGBTTQ* content or be created by someone of LGBTTQ* background. If the LGBTTQ* content of the film is not obvious, please provide a brief outline of your reason for believing the film qualifies. If this is not clear, the film may be excluded from consideration.
- The film should be no longer than 30 minutes.
- Short film(s) must be submitted for consideration via a link to online content, secure download, or on a DVD screening copy. The DVD will not be returned unless there is a postage-paid return envelope provided for this purpose. The DVD is not for public use.
- Selected films will be screened at the festival in Digi Beta, Beta sp or DVD format and should be 16:4.
- The screening tape must be clearly labeled with the name of film, filmmaker’s name, year of completion and running time.
- Films must have been completed after January 1, 2014.
- Filmmakers should submit a brief, 1-paragraph synopsis of the film.
- Filmmakers MUST submit a 1-sentence description of the film that can be used in the program.